North Carolina Courage vs. Thorns FC | NWSL Challenge Cup | June 27, 2020 - 9:30 a.m. PT | CBS & CBS All Access
Portland Thorns FC return to play in the opening match of the 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup presented by P&G and Secret when they face the North Carolina Courage Saturday morning at Zions Bank Stadium in Herriman, Utah. The match is presented locally by 2 Towns Ciderhouse. Kickoff for the nationally broadcast game is 9:30am PT on CBS and CBS All Access.
You can watch the match on CBS and CBS All Access with Jenn Hildreth (play-by-play) and Aly Wagner (analyst) on the call. CBS can be seen in Portland on channels 6.1 on antenna, 6 on Comcast Xfinity, and channel 6 on DirecTV. Check your local listings for further details.
Following the match, the Thorns Postgame Report presented by Providence Health & Services, will go live with host Ann Schatz and soccer analyst Marian Dougherty to break down the match. Tune in to the Thorns Facebook page or YouTube page approximately 15 minutes after the final whistle.
- READ: Challenge Cup 101 | Everything you need to know about the tournament
- READ: Farley | Thorns quickly building identity: "It's a tight-knit group"
- READ:Farley | New faces bring added skill, talent to Thorns ahead of Utah
- WATCH: Parsons: "The spirit of this group is something really special right now"
- WATCH: Menges: "We’re definitely in a great spot, and I’m excited about it."
- WATCH:Sinclair: "We have to get out of the gate strong"
- LISTEN: Get hyped! Menges and Hubly share their matchday playlist
- READ: #Statman Stumpers | How well do you know the tournament opponents?
- READ:Thorns announce roster for Challenge Cup
- READ: NWSL announce rules and regulations for Challenge Cup
- READ:CBSSports.com: NWSL Power Rankings
#Statman's Numbers for #NCvPOR
1TV Time – Saturday's match will be the first ever NWSL match broadcast on network television. In addition, it will be the first time in the history of pro club women's soccer in the United States (NWSL, WUSA, WPS) that a match will air on network television.
4/7Championship Pedigree – More than half of the championships won in NWSL history have been won by the Thorns and the Courage. Portland (2013 and 2017) and North Carolina (2018 and 2019) have each won it all twice.
10Access Denied – Goalkeeper Adrianna Franch made 10 saves against the Courage on Aug. 11, 2019. The 10 saves are the most by Franch as a Thorns player and also tied the club record for most saves in a single match.
2Neutral Zone – The match will the be the second time in club history that the Thorns have played a competitive match at a neutral site. In the 2017 NWSL Championship, Portland also took on the Courage, defeating their North Carolina foes, 1-0, in Orlando, Fla.
1&1Familiar Foe – Thorns defender Kelli Hubly has a few notes of personal history against North Carolina. Hubly's NWSL and Thorns debut came against the Courage as a substitute on July 15, 2017 while her first career start as a pro was also against the club on March 24, 2018.